I am half of the partnership that is Forty-two Pacific. (My spouse, Peter Krammer, manages a different company under his half.)
After cutting my teeth in corporate cubicles, I bought an early Mac and set up shop. A couple thousand miles, a recession or two and many Macs later, we’re still happily in business. I’ve been most fortunate to have excellent clients and many long-term working relationships with both clients and colleagues.
Here’s the gist of what we do, who we do it for, and what they say about our work. And some other things.
Real results, on time, and on budget.
Odds & ends
Miscellaneous experience that often comes in handy.
- BFA in Art (Education) & BA German, Illinois Wesleyan University
- Three-quarters of an MM degree, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
(left to start business)
- Graduate coursework and clinical training in Clinical Psychology, Loyola University (3 years)
- Sierra Club, Napa Group (executive committee, current)
- University of California Extension Service Napa County Master Gardener (5 years)
- University of Illinois Master Gardener at the Chicago Botanic Gardens (5 years)
- Land Trust of Napa County volunteer (chair, Foote Preserve management committee, 10 years)
- Family Service of Napa Valley (board member, 4 years)
- Volunteer experience in conservation, restoration, and horticulture
- Fluency in German
And because people often ask:
Our company name comes from Douglas Adam’s The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, in which the number 42 is discovered to be the answer to life, the universe and everything. Forty-two, Inc. was incorporated in Illinois. When we moved to California, there were other corporations with the same name, so we had to tack something on; the Pacific is all we could come up with at the time.